In this article we are going to explain 15 quick reasons to invest in Andorra, be it creating a company, residing in the Principality, or acquiring real estate or bonds and letters of the country is a good idea.
- The Principality has a very stable political framework and economy. With an economic growth of 3.2% on average since 2000, this small country has a strong, stable and secure economy. It is also relevant that you have about a stop 2% only. As if that were not enough, its policy stands out for its solidity and neutrality, and it has always been peaceful during conflicts (Spanish Civil War, Second World War). And as every self-respecting investor knows, stability is essential to invest.
- It is a country prosperous and diverse. With a GDP per capital with purchasing power parity of 49,193 international dollars constantly increasing, Andorra is an increasingly wealthy country. The sectors and markets that it covers are increasingly more and more diverse, especially with the digitization of the economy and the world in general.
- A tourist country, with a market of 8 million visitors a year who come from shopping and sports and leisure trips. 75% of the Andorran economy are services, the potential market is huge and can bring great benefits. On the other hand, this means that there are always events and things to do. There is no boredom in a country dedicated abroad.
- Negotiations of an association agreement with the European Union which will facilitate access to the internal European market, with more than 500 consumers. Since the reforms initiated after the financial and BPA crisis, Andorra is more open to the world than ever.
- Double taxation agreements signed with many countries, from France, Spain and Portugal to Luxembourg, the United Arab Emirates, Liechtenstein and Malta. Your taxes will only be taxed once, and if it is in Andorra, you will enjoy one of the jurisdictions with the lowest taxation in the world.
- One of the most competitive tax frameworks in Europe. Approved but with low rates, Andorra has taxes similar to those of its neighboring countries, but with substantially lower rates. From a VAT of 4.5% to a corporation tax and personal income tax of a maximum of 10%, the Andorran tax system it is very attractive to investors.
- Solid and competent public financial system. Andorra has a public debt of less than 40% of GDP, and every year the level of debt decreases and the rating of international auditing companies increases. To get an idea, Spain and France have around 100% of public debt, and the financially strict Germany more than 60%.
- Andorra has the best health system and is the fourth healthiest country, according to The Lancet. Health based on the principles of co-responsibility, solidarity and freedom of doctors, together with the fact that the Andorran economy works very well, make their social security and health system not only sustainable, but competent and attractive to their users and citizens
- Internet connection of the latest technology. Andorra has since 2013 fiber optic coverage in every home and populations of the country, and is constantly renewing and increasing its maximum speed, currently at a rate of 700 Mbps at a very affordable price.
- A country willing to bet on the sectors of the future. Andorra is determined to be a truly live laboratory for companies and researchers, supporting innovation, start ups and present and future markets such as big data. This was stated verbatim during the celebration of the Smart City Expo World Congress event, in Barcelona. It also offers its support to cryptocurrency and blockchain projects, artificial intelligence and much more.
- Access to excellent education. Although in tertiary education the Andorran system Undoubtedly lacking compared to education in Barcelona (especially due to infrastructure and lack of diversity of degrees), primary and secondary education in Andorra is exquisite. Also made up of three different models to choose from: Spanish, French and Andorran. Freedom is usually always taken into account in this Principality.
- A safe country, with the lowest crime rates in the world. The proverbial Andorran security was known 55 years ago and continues to be today, in the 21st century, when everything is measured with statistics. The United Nations Crime Trend Survey, the world crime statistics published annually by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, shows year after year the low incidence of crime in the country of the Pyrenees. The latest data from the United Nations statistics establish crime in Andorra at 153.9 people convicted of crimes per 100,000 inhabitants.
- An open and cosmopolitan society that brings together people of more than 100 different nationalities. In this Principality converge languages and nationalities of all kinds. In summary in Andorra there are: 49% of Andorrans, 25% of Spaniards, 12.3% of Portuguese, 4.3% of French and thus up to more than a hundred different minority nationalities. This coexistence, tolerance and understanding makes full sense both for the location of the country, as for the importance, as for the fact of being an open and essentially tourist country.
- One of the lowest electricity rates in Europe. You can get more information at our article on electricity in Andorra. Unlike what happens for example in Spain and France, where there are more fees, taxes and subsidies in the price of electricity than the cost of production itself, in Andorra it hardly has the obvious surcharge for network maintenance. In addition, the electricity that it does not produce is imported from its neighboring countries obviously without applied taxes and at a good price, resulting in a pretty cheap rate.
- Highly Committed Government with an open international economy, innovation and economic diversification. In a world as globalized as today, being cosmopolitan, open and attractive is a giant step towards prosperity. Even more so when it comes to investing or starting business, because dynamism is what moves the invention and discovery.
- A country of landscape and environment. With more than 95% of the territory of Andorra being a forest mass, having three natural parks of which one world heritage of humanity, clear commitment to the environment With recycling, efficient energy and clean air, the Principality is a good benchmark for environmental sustainability. In addition, they have no other option: they live off tourism and the services that their rich mountain ecosystem offers in part the Pyrenees.
In summary: why to invest in Andorra
The Principality of the Pyrenees is right now in a perfect situation for investment. It has just opened abroad recently with the accumulation of reforms begun in 2009 and it is still in the process of becoming a new country that is more open, more international, with more foreign capital and more entrepreneurship. The resident population, companies and the capital attracted by Andorra are increasing year by year, without pause. In addition, today the cost and lifestyle already offers considerable advantages.
Do you want to take advantage and invest now that the country is being reborn or do you prefer to wait for others to reap the fruits of now seeds to do so, then too late? We have already made the decision. Now you need to take yours. In case you want to dare, do not hesitate to contact us by clicking here. We will inform you, personalize your case and carry out all the relevant procedures with professionalism, at full speed and at the lowest cost so that you can take advantage of your investment. You can also see what they are our services and understand why we are the best option for your establishment in Andorra.