When someone sees all youtubers Y other entrepreneurs go to live in Andorra, a question that may arise is if they are self-employed in Andorra or, in general, if there is such a figure in the country. Also, if so, how can this be done or what are the requirements to be able to do it, as well as what is the quota of freelancers who contribute. Well, in this short article we have set out to answer it.
Liberal or titled professional
In the Principality of Andorra there is no legal and legislative figure called "autonomous»(Although not in Spain either), but there is a very similar to that called liberal professional. This figure was originally quite different and with more restrictions, but in 2013 the Government approved a modification of the Law on the exercise of liberal professions and professional schools and associations (yes, it's called like that, and it was from 2008) in which as they say «replace the concept of liberal profession by that of a titled profession«.
According to the Andorran Government, the objective was threefold:
- On the one hand, resolve deficiencies or discrepancies found with the application of the law
- Adapt to Law 10/2012, on foreign investment in the Principality of Andorra, which definitively opened the country to foreign capital
- Give greater legal security to liberal professionals and the people with whom they interact
In any case, this law modified many things but the main thing is the change of concept from liberal profession to profession titled, as we have said, since the law went on to regulate the professions that are practiced both as self-employed and employed. Under this new concept, Being a professional with a degree in Andorra requires:
- The application of knowledge and techniques of a branch or science of knowledge.
- Possession of a official academic title of Andorran higher education studies or recognized in Andorra.
Therefore, as we see, being autonomous in Andorra means, as the concept itself indicates, practice a regulated profession for which it has capacity according to the competent institution, a bit in the style of medieval artisan guilds (modernized to the present). Therefore, it must have the skills to do something specific with a training certificate validated by a technical and collegiate committee, and also you can only exercise what the training title allows you as an economic activity.
For example, a lawyer or architect can certify the university degree and register in Andorra, thus being able to obtain a residence permit and self-employment. But he will only be able to practice as an architect or lawyer, not being able to carry out the economic activity that he pleases.
Procedure and requirements to be autonomous in Andorra
Basically and in a general way, To be a qualified professional you must do the following:
- Process the application for academic recognition of Higher Education Degrees
- Get the authorization to exercise the liberal profession by the Government, for which it is necessary to have the official academic title of higher education apostilled by Haia or via diplomacy.
- Join the respective professional association of Andorra, when applicable, and in the case of health professions, register in the Registry of Health Professionals.
- Depending on the specific profession, it may be required Specific conditionssuch as achieving prior practical training or obtaining a training accreditation.
- Get permission of active residence and self-employment, being a qualified professional.
Regarding the requirements, although change according to the profession in question, are in addition to the necessary ones to obtain the active residence permit and self-employment:
- Have the homologated title.
- Curriculum vitae.
- European supplement to the diploma of the degree to be recognized, for degrees adapted to the European Higher Education Area or ertificate of notes apostilled by La Haia.
- Certificate of liability insurance.
- Specific documentation for each profession.
In any case, the experts of the Andorra Insiders collaborating office can process everything for € 2,000-3,000 without problem and correctly and including advice, helping you in everything you need and with a probability of success of the 100%. They can contact to do it here.
What is the price to which these qualified professionals submit? Well, since they are also active residents and work on their own (the residence permit is, in fact, the same) they must contribute to the CASS (Andorran social security) exactly the same as managerial entrepreneurs of his own company: the 22% of the average monthly salary of the previous year to the current one, which is currently around around 450-500 € monthly. In either case, there are bonuses based on income and other factors.
Of course, being autonomous does not exempt you from taxes in Andorra. You must declare the IGI quarterly, the income tax annually and pay the municipal taxes and fees. Of course, they are not very extractive.
Advantages and disadvantages of being a qualified professional in Andorra
Thus, we proceed to enumerate the advantages of being a qualified professional versus creating a company in Andorra:
|There is no deposit of € 15,000 to the AFA (not foreign investment)||Restricted to regulated professions, and therefore to certain economic activities|
|You do not have to create a company||Requires higher education qualification|
|Easier and cheaper maintenance||It is only used for certain economic activities|
|No need for registered office||The responsibility lies entirely with the natural person|
Are youtubers autonomous?
As you may have guessed, no. Youtubers are not autonomous because they cannot, since there is no profession titled Youtuber. Not because they don't have a university or academic degree, that's irrelevant. Even if they did, they couldn't do their job as a youtuber being liberal professionals. Also, in fact, a lot of them wouldn't be interested either, since the legal structure that a company allows them is much better at all levels because they have a lot of income.
So what they do is start a company constituting a company in which they are shareholders and administrators of the same. Thus, they invoice through it and collect both salary returns and dividends and others from it, optimizing their taxation and taxes. Something that we also do in Andorra Insiders and for which we can help you contacting here.
In summary: the regime for qualified professionals, which is the equivalent of self-employed in Andorra, is restricted to specific qualified professions: lawyers, architects, nurses, mechanics, doctors, economists, etc. In addition, they only allow the exercise of the economic activity for which the title gives capacity, unlike the flexibility of different social objects that a company allows and their interpretation.
It is, therefore, a regime advantageous but not for everyone, but only and as its name suggests, for qualified professionals. We hope that the article has been to your liking.